Attach a copy of patient's ID (.jpg, .pdf, .doc, .docx – less than 10 MB in size):
OPHTHALMOLOGY1240 or +961 1 372888 ext: 1133 Request appointment online
Clemenceau Medical Center (CMC) has recently expanded the department of Ophthalmology to encompass leading-edge clinicians who provide comprehensive and subspecialty opthalmic care to a wide variety of patients. Two of our clinicians are diplomats of the American Board Certification in Ophthalmology and completed their training at world-renowned institutions in the United States of America.
All patient visits start on the first floor of the outpatient clinic building, which is located adjacent to the main hospital building that handily offers valet parking service. When additional diagnostic tests are needed, a state-of-the-art imaging area is conveniently located on the same floor and most could be performed on the same day.
In addition to comprehensive eye exams that provide total eye care our department offers a full spectrum of sub-specialty services to cover all your ophthalmic needs:
- Cataract and Refractive Surgery Service: We offer customized evaluation that utilizes the most advanced techniques and technology to ensure patients receive the care and outcomes they have come to know and trust.
- Cornea & External Disease: We offer Descemet’s Stripping Automated Endothelial Keratoplasty (DSAEK), deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty (DALK), Descemet Membrane Endothelial Keratoplasty (DMEK) and other highly specialized transplants. Moreover, we offer anterior segment reconstruction with Amniotic Membrane Transplants (AMT) and conjunctival grafts.
- Pediatric and Strabismus Service: We specialize in all pediatric ophthalmology conditions including strabismus (esotropia and extropia), retinopathy of prematurity (ROP), congenital cataracts, nearsightedness/farsightedness and genetic eye diseases.
- Retina Service: We offer the latest treatment options for retinal disorders including diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and retinal detachments. Moreover, we offer state-of-the-art imaging and diagnostic technology.
- Oculoplastics Service: We specialize in eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty, ptosis), lacrimal (tear duct) surgery, orbital (eye socket) surgery and facial rejuvenation procedures (browlifting, Botox® injection, and hyaluronic acid filler injections)
- Ocular Oncology Service: We are proud to announce that we successfully established the first adult ocular oncology service in Lebanon. We offer up-to-date treatment for uveal melanoma and other intraocular tumors such as brachytherapy (radioactive plaques) which is used to save the eye.
Through compassion and dedication the Department of Ophthalmology seeks to connect with our patients on a personal level, crafting the very best solutions to the challenges they face.
To schedule an appointment with an Ophthalmologist please call the hotline 1240 or +961 1 372888 on extension 1133 or request an appointment online.
A cataract occurs when the lens of the eye becomes cloudy so that it can no longer focus the real-world images. Patients with cataracts see the world as very hazy, because light cannot pass freely through the lens to be focused on the back of the eye. The only way to remove a cataract is to remove the lens itself. An intraocular lens (or IOL) is a tiny, artificial lens for the eye. It replaces the eye's natural lens that is removed during cataract surgery. This cataract surgery technique has many benefits. No hospital stay is needed, there is no pain, no injections are required, there is quick recovery and the vision after surgery is typically very good.Download