2014 – 2015: Clinical Neurophysiology/Epilepsy Fellowship at Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA. (ACNS Board certified in clinical neurophysiology, epilepsy and intraoperative monitoring)
2011 - 2014: Child Neurology Residency training at Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA.
2008-2011: Pediatrics Residency training at the American University of Beirut, Lebanon
2004 - 2008: Doctor of Medicine at the American University of Beirut with Distinction, ranked first in my class upon graduation.
2001 - 2004: Bachelor of sciences in Physics with a minor in Mathematics at the American University of Beirut, Lebanon with High Distinction.
1998-2001: High School Education at Le Lycee National School, Bakaata, Lebanon with General sciences certificate graduation with high distinction and ranking third in the national examinations in the Lebanese Baccalaureate in 2001.
- Farra, Chantal, Abdouni, Lina, Hani, Abeer, Dirani, Leyla, Hamdar, Layal, Souaid, Mirna, Awwad, Johnny. 17p13.3 Microduplication Syndrome: Further Delineating the Clinical Spectrum. Journal of Pediatric Genetics. 2020, 10.1055/s-0040-1713673.
- Hani, A. Mikati, M. Current and Emerging Therapies of Severe Epileptic Encephalopathy. Semin Pediatr Neurol. 2016 May;23(2):180- 6.
- Acharya JN, Hani A, Thirumala PD, Tsuchida TN. American Clinical Neurophysiology Society Guideline 3: A Proposal for Standard Montages to Be Used in Clinical EEG. J Clin Neurophysiol. 2016 Aug;33(4):312-6.
- Acharya JN, Hani A, Cheek J, Thirumala P, Tsuchida TN. American Clinical Neurophysiology Society Guideline 2: Guidelines for Standard Electrode Position Nomenclature. J Clin Neurophysiol. 2016 Aug;33(4):308-11
- Sinha SR, Sullivan L, Sabau D, San-Juan D, Dombrowski KE, Halford JJ, Hani A, Drislane FW, Stecker MM. American Clinical Neurophysiology Society Guideline 1: Minimum Technical Requirements for Performing Clinical Electroencephalography. J Clin Neurophysiol. 2016 Aug;33(4):303-7
- Hani A, Mikati HM, Mikati MA. Genetics of pediatric epilepsy. Pediatr Clin North Am. 2015 Jun;62(3):703-22.
- Mohamad A Mikati, Nour Ataya, Jessica El-Ferezli, Alhan Shamseddine, Amal Rahi, Aline Herlopian, Rana Kurdi, Saleh Bhar, Abeer Hani, Youssef G Comair. Epilepsy Surgery in a Developing Country (Lebanon): Ten Year Experience and Predictors of Outcome (accepted for publication). Epileptic disorders. 2012; 14 (3) : 267-74.
-Mona Nabulsi, Abeer Hani, Maria Karam. Impact of C-reactive protein test results on evidence- based decision-making in cases of bacterial infection. BMC Pediatr. 2012; 12 (140): online.
-Mohamad Mikati, Abeer Hani. Seizures in Childhood. In: Robert Kliegman, Bonita Stanton, Joseph St. Geme, and Nina Schor. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. Twentieth edition. Philadelphia: Elsevier; 2015.
-Abeer Hani, Mohamad Mikati. Electroclinical syndromes: Neonatal onset. Swaiman’s Pediatric Neurology, 6th edition, 2017.
-Aatif Husain, Abeer Hani. Brainstem auditory evoked potentials (BAEP) and Other Auditory evoked potentials. Niedermeyer's Electroencephalography, Basic Principles, Clinical Applications, and Related Fields, 7th edition.
-Abeer Hani, Aatif Husain. Early treatment of convulsive status epilepticus. Status Epilepticus: A Clinical Perspective, 2nd ed, 2017.
-Abeer Hani, Rodney Radtke. Sudden unexpected death in epilepsy. Practical epilepsy manual, editor: Aatif Husain, Demos, 2015.
-Abeer Hani, Mohamad Mikati. Metabolic Epilepsies. Practical epilepsy manual, editor: Aatif Husain, Demos, 2015.
-Abeer Hani, Aatif Husain. Scalp video-EEG monitoring. Practical epilepsy manual, editor: Aatif Husain, Demos, 2015.
-Abeer Hani, Mohamad Mikati. DNM1L Mutation Associated Neurological Disease : Report of the Second Case in the Literature. In: Dr. Michael Freemark, editors. Pediatric Research Retreat at Duke Hospital; 4/14/2014; Durham/ NC.
Abeer Hani, Karen Cornett, Brian Smith and William Gallentine. Predictors of Post-neonatal Epilepsy and Sensitivity of the First Hour of EEG Monitoring in Predicting Risk of Seizures in the Neonatal Period, being completed for submission. Already presented as abstract in the American Epilepsy Society in Dec. 2014.
-Abeer Hani, Aatif Husain. EEG Patterns During Deep Hypothermic Circulatory Arrest: Utility of qEEG. Abstract presented in the American
Clinical Neurophysiology meeting in Feb. 2015.
-Tobias Loddenkemper, Iván Sánchez Fernández, Nicholas Abend, Ravindra Arya, Rajit Basu, Nicholas Brenton, Jessica Carpenter, Kevin Chapman, John Condie, Nathan Dean, William Gaillard, Tracy Glauser, Joshua Goldstein, Howard Goodkin, Abeer Hani, Michele Jackson, Kush Kapur, Tewodros Kebede, Jacquelyn Klehm,
-Mohamad Mikati, Katrina Peariso, Melissa Sacco, Kristi Schmidt, Alexis Topjian, David Turner, Angus Wilfong, Korwyn Williams, Mark Wainwright and Robert Tasker. Continuous infusions in refractory convulsive status epilepticus. Results from the pediatric status epilepticus group (pSERG). Abstract submitted in the American Epilepsy Society in Dec. 2014.
-Abeer Hani, Aatif Husain. Risk factors for stimulation-induced seizures with direct cortical stimulation during brain tumor resection surgeries. Abstract presented in the American Epilepsy Society in Dec. 2015.
-Abeer Hani, Youssef Comair. EEG Patterns and Response to Treatment of Electrical Status Epilepticus of Sleep in Selected Childhood Epilepsies. Abstract presented in the American Clinical Neurophysiology meeting in Feb. 2016.