Dr Ghada Ballane is a consultant physician in Endocrinology & Metabolism.
After graduating from Medical School as valedictorian, she pursued her three years of internal medicine residency training at the American University of Beirut Medical Center.
In 2009-2010, she was selected as the Chief Resident of the Internal Medicine Department.
She then completed a two- year fellowship in Endocrinology and Metabolism.
She was appointed afterwards as a full-time endocrinologist at the Keserwan Medical Center where she launched the endocrinology clinic, designed and implemented the hospital protocols and conducted staff training. She was also a clinical associate and instructor at the faculty of Medicine at the American University of Beirut.
In 2021, she became the associate Chief Medical Officer at the Keserwan Medical Center.
She is also currently a consultant endocrinologist at Clemenceau Medical Center.
In parallel to her clinical practice, Dr Ballane has research interests. She reviewed and published articles in international peer- reviewed journals. She also had a poster presentation at the International Osteoporosis Foundation meeting.
In addition, she conducted several public awareness campaigns about diabetes, lipids and obesity in a hospital and outside the hospital setting.
- “Myocardial Perfusion in Patients With a Totally Occluded Left Anterior Descending Coronary Artery Reinjected by a Normal Right Coronary Artery: The Role of Collateral Circulation” Angiology, Vol. 59, No. 4, 464-468 (2008).
- First author of a case report “Use of Recombinant Human Parathyroid Hormone in Hypocalcemic Cardiomyopathy”, European Journal of Endocrinology (2012) 166 1113-1120.
- First author of chapter 27 entitled “Geographic Variability of Hip and Vertebral Fractures” published in “Osteoporosis” 4th edition by Robert Marcus, David Feldman, David Dempster, Marjorie Luckey, Jane Cauley January 2013.
- First author “Secular trends in hip fractures worldwide: Opposing Trends West vs East” Journal of Bone and Mineral Research Volume 29, Issue 8.
- First author “Worldwide prevalence and variability in vertebral fractures” Osteoporosis International, Volume 28, Issue 5.
- First author of chapter 20 entitled " Geographic Variability in the Incidence of Hip and Vertebral Fractures" published in “Osteoporosis”