• 2015-Current: Actively involved in teaching the pediatric residents of the Lebanese University across 3 mains affiliated Hospitals(Rafik Hariri General Hospital, Al-Zahraa hospital and Sahel general Hospital), in addition to teaching clinical skills and doing grand rounds.
• 2011-2014: Actively involved in Teaching the Pediatric residents of Dalhousie University.
• Problem-Based Learning (PBL) Curriculum Tutor 2006 - 2012:
Sherbrook University, Quebec, Canada
Problem-Based Learning (PBL) is a teaching method in which complex real-world problems are used as the vehicle to promote student learning of concepts and principles as opposed to direct presentation of facts and concepts.
o Unit of Neurology: Fostering the learning process of students and their collaboration. Organizing skills groups, supporting the group discussions, controlling the effectiveness and efficiency of the group work and improving it through constructive feedback. Creating a positive work atmosphere by solving interpersonal conflicts.
Professional and Society Memberships
• 2018-Present: Co-founder and active member of Autism Behavior Analysis International Chapter in Lebanon (ABAL)
• 2018 – Present: President of Club of the Lebanese Society of Pediatric Neurology, Lebanon
• 2018-Present: Member of the Scientific Committee of the Annual Congress of the Lebanese Pediatric Societies
• 2015-Present: European Pediatric Neurology Society
• 2015-present: Lebanese Pediatric Society
• Jan 2013-Present: Conseil National de l'Ordre des Medecins, France
• Jul 2012-Present: General Medical Council (GMC), UK
• 2008 – Present: Atlantic Canada Pediatric Society, Canada
• 2005 – Present: Lebanese Order of Physicians, Lebanon
• 2004 – Present: Canadian Medical Association, Canada
• 2004 – Present: Collage of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick, Canada
• 2004 – Present: New Brunswick Medical Society, Canada
Chairman of the pediatric Department 2020 - present
o Faculty of Medicine, Lebanese University, Lebanon
Assistant Professor 2018 - present
o Lebanese University, Lebanon
Assistant Professor 2011 - 2014
o Dalhousie University, Nova Scotia, Canada
Clinical Associate Professor 2006 - 2012
o Sherbrook University, Quebec, Canada
o Moncton University, New Brunswick
• September 2020: Update on the Autism Diagnostic Observation Scale-2(ADOS-2) Administration, Online Clinical training. Clinique Spectrum, Montreal, Canada.
• 2019: European Pediatric neurology Society training courses on Neurometabolic Diseases and Epilepsy, Alicante, Spain.
• 2015: Pediatric Epilepsy training course (PET3 and PET EEG), British Pediatric Neurology Association.
• 2014: Pediatric Epilepsy. Training course (PET 1-2), British Pediatric Neurology Association.
• 2012: Training on the Autism Diagnostic Observation Scale(ADOS) administration, Quebec Canada.
• Former Interne “Assistance publique – Hôpitaux de Paris (AP-HP) “1999 – 2004:
o University Medical Center Kremlin- Bicêtre, Le Kremlin- Bicêtre, France 2003 - 2004:
Neurological Pediatrics Subspecialty Fellowship
Clinical research project: Multiple sclerosis national study in collaboration with French Neuropediatric Society and INSERM U802
“Constations d’une évolution du nombre de cas annuels d’atteinte du SNC avec analyse des antécédents de vaccination contre l’hépatite B “
o Neuropediatrics and Neonatology ICU 2002 - 2003:
Institut De Puériculture De Paris, Paris, France
o Neuropediatrics and Neonatology ICU 2002:
University Medical Center Trousseau, Paris, France
o General Pediatrics 2001 - 2002:
University Medical Center Antoine-Béclère, Clamart, France
o General Pediatrics 2001:
Villeneuve St. Georges Regional Hospital, Villeneuve St. George, France
o Neonatology 2000 - 2001:
University Medical Center Robert-Debré, Paris, France
o Emergency Pediatrics 2000:
University Medical Center Trousseau, Paris, France
o General Pediatrics 1999 - 2000:
Gonesse Regional Hospital, Gonesse, France
1-Prognostic factors for early severity in a childhood multiple sclerosis cohort
Mikaeloff Y., Caridade G., Assi S., Soussa S., Tardieu M. Pediatrics. 2006 Sep; 118(3): 1133-9
2-Hepatitis B vaccine and risk of relapse after a first childhood episode of CNS inflammatory demyelination
Mikaeloff Y., Caridade G., Assi S, Tardieu M., Suissa S. KIDSEP study group of the French Neuropaediatric Society. Brain. 2007 Apr; 130 (Pt 4): 1105-10
3-Case Report of Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorder Associated with Group A Streptococcus
Abou-Merhi B., Mohsen R., El-Houjeiry I., Abi-Younis J., Elhoujairy A., Alame S. Sch J Med Case Rep. 2017; 5(5): 353-5
4-Clinical and Paraclinical Aspects of Mitochondrial Diseases in 257 Lebanese Children
Mansour H., Barmada M., Karam S., Hmaimess G., Bechara E., Hage P., Hajj MJ., Abou Ezzi K., Aramouni E., Sahyoun S., Choumar A., Fawwaz A., Hasbini D., Tourjouman O., Nachar J., Alame S., Adem C., Diab N. SM J Pediatr. 2018; 3(1): 1018
5-Dravet Syndrome in Lebanon: first report on cases with SCN1A mutations and review
Alame S., El-Houwayek E., Nava C., Sabbagh S., Fawaz A., Guillard A-C., Hasbini D., Depienne, Mégarbané A. Case Reports in Medicine Volume 2019, Article ID 5270503
6-Contribution of next generation sequencing in pediatric practice in Lebanon. A Study on 213 cases
Pratibha Nair, Sandra Sabbagh, Hicham Mansour, Ali Fawaz, Ghassan Hmaimess, Peter Noun, Rawane Dagher, Hala Megarbane, Sayeeda Hana, Saada Alame, Maher Lamaa, Dana Hasbini, Roula Farah, Mariam Rajab, Samantha Stora, Oulfat El‐Tourjuman, Pauline Abou Jaoude, Gihad Chalouhi, Rony Sayad, Anne‐Celine Gillart, Mahmoud Al‐Ali, Valerie Delague, Stephany El‐Hayek, André Mégarbané. Mol Genet Genomic Med. 2018; 6:1041–1052.
7-PTEN R130Q Papillary Tumor of the Pineal Region (PTPR) 2 with Chromosome 10 Loss Successfully Treated with Everoli-3 mus: A Case Report . ( Accepted in Current Oncology, February 2021)
Hazem I. Assi; Rasha T. Kakati; Juliett Berro; Ibrahim Saikali; Bassem Youssef; Roula Hourany; Ibrahim Alameh; Abeer Tabbarah; Jessica Khoury; Houssein Darwish; Saada Alame
8-A 20-year Study of Neuromuscular Disorder Cases in Lebanon; an International Multi-Disciplinary Effort( Submited)
Sami Bizzari,; Asha Deepthi, ; Sandra Sabbagh ; Hicham Mansour ; Eliane Chouery; Ghassan Hmaimess ; Rosette Jabbour ; Saada Alame ; Abeer Hani ; Dana Hasbini ; Ismat Ghanem ; Cybel Mehawej Salam Koussa ; Mahmoud Taleb Al-Ali ; Marc Obeid ; Diana Bou Talea ; Gerard Lefranc; Nicolas Levy ; France Leturcq ; Stephany El Hayek ; Valerie Delague; Andoni Urtizberea
9-Subacute Sclerosing Panencephalitis with Single Focus in the Left Lentiform Neucleus on MRI (In Preparation)